For Diabetes Week, we’re helping promote two digital structured education programmes that are available now across the whole of England:
Adults with type 1 diabetes
My Type 1 Diabetes is a free digital resource that offers tailored advice and information created by NHS experts and people living with type 1 diabetes. Adults with type 1 diabetes, their families and carers, and healthcare professionals can use this platform to access information about type 1 diabetes through videos, articles, and accredited online education courses.
How to join
The programme is available now via self-referral. Start using the programme today by visiting: https://www.mytype1diabetes.nhs.uk/
My Type 1 Diabetes can:
– Help participants understand more about type 1 diabetes and increase confidence to manage it.
– Signpost to content created by other expert organisations.
– Offer resources in up to 10 other languages including Polish, Spanish and Urdu.
– Support participants to set achievable goals for diabetes self-care.
Adults with type 2 diabetes
Healthy Living for people with type 2 diabetes is a free online structured education programme designed to help users learn more about type 2 diabetes. Healthy Living has been clinically proven and can help participants live well with type 2 diabetes.
The programme is available to anyone over the age of 18, living in England with type 2 diabetes. Carers of those living with type 2 diabetes can sign up too.
How to join
The programme is available now via self-referral. Start using the programme today by visiting: https://www.healthyliving.nhs.uk/
Healthy Living provides knowledge and information so users can:
– Feel confident in managing type 2 diabetes.
– Reduce diabetes-related distress.
– Improve health and wellbeing.
– Achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
– Feel motivated to continue making healthy lifestyle choices.